1. ThunderBridge MS Outlook addin
- unzip to a folder
- install from Querilogic.OutlookBridge.AddIn.vsto
2. Any gmail account (e.g. email@example.com), to function as a "signalling" account for Jingle XMPP transmission. Obviously that account may also be a regular account already configured in MS Outlook.
After installation ThunderBridge ribbon tab appears in MS Outlook:
having the following commands:
- Konfiguracja - displays configuration window:
in which you should indicate:
- JID: the signalling gmail account (Requirement 2 above);
- Hasło: password to that gmail account;
- Urządzenie: device identification (e.g. home, office, etc.) used in case you have the same e-mail accounts configured on more than one device as I do for example;
- Katalog roboczy: set (create) the path of the folder to store messages and files received (Inbox) and temporary storage of messages to be sent P2P (Sent);
- Autostart: Login to XMPP cloud along with MS Outlook?
- Buforowanie: Set the number of days to wait until your recipient appears online before giving up delivering the message to that recipient.
- Roster - displays list of users for which P2P transmission is possible with no need of sending an authorisation email along with their email addresses and online availability.
- Menedżer transferów - display lists of active P2P transmissions
- Reset - cleans database of pending messages to send
- Włącz/Wyłącz - login/logout to/from the XMPP cloud for a given gmail signalling account (JID)
- Katalog roboczy - opens the folder of incoming messages
- Status: ONLINE/OFFLINE
- JID: active gmail signalling account
MS Office sending window is now provided with two new buttons:
- Wyślij - Send your message P2P using ThunderBridge
- Dołącz plik - include "externally" an attachment for your message (Attachments included using standard MS Outlook button "Attach file" are copied to the message, and files exceeding 20MB may not be included this way).
After creating the message click "Send" and your message shall be delivered to your recipient, IF ONLY:
- s/he also uses ThunderBridge and
- s/he appears online (i.e. she will check her e-mail with her ThinderBridge enabled MS Outlook) within the buffering period (configuration option) that you set for your messages to send.